The Nicodemus Society is a fellowship of Seventh-day Adventist Christians. We are committed to hastening Christ’s return by sharing the Everlasting Gospel with the Wealthy, Worldly, and Well-Educated (“W3”) of society.
Our name takes inspiration from the encounter between Nicodemus and Jesus by night (John 3:1-21). Jesus Christ showed us His love, care, and method for reaching W3s.
Are you or someone you know a W3?
who are w3s?
While it is difficult to precisely define the W3 population, they come from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions (e.g. business, law, health care, engineering, arts, academia). Here are some characteristics that might suggest that you or someone you know is a W3:
- You are college educated and you may even have a graduate degree or two
- You are a professional building a career, not just working a job
- You enjoy material blessings and are comfortable, if not affluent
- You aspire to success and are passionate about what you do
- You are a critical thinker and value thoughtful dialogue with others
If this describes you you support our mission, please contact us!
We are focused on those Seventh-day Adventist Christians who are best positioned to reach W3s with the Gospel for one of the following reasons:
- They are socioeconomically, educationally, or culturally similar to W3s
- They come into contact with W3s on a regular basis even if they are not themselves inherently similar
- For both groups, our objective is to help maximize their willingness and ability to be an effective witness to W3s in their sphere of influence
In addition, for those who are themselves similar to W3s, our objective is to help:
- Deepen their sense of community and affiliation within the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Encourage devotion to God within the challenging context of W3 society (Matthew 19:23-24)
- Harness the time, talents, and treasure of this group in support of the broader Seventh-day Adventist Church and its mission
We believe based on guidance from the Bible, the Spirit of Prophecy, and our personal experience that W3s are most effectively reached through personal relationships with heart-converted Christians which leads to interest in knowing Jesus Christ.
Therefore, at its core, W3 evangelism requires increasing the number, commitment, and evangelistic capability of Seventh-day Adventist Christians who have the access and ability to develop personal relationships with W3s.
Community & Affiliation
Strengthening the sense of community and affiliation among W3 Seventh-day Adventist Christians will help retain, motivate, and activate this group for evangelism.
Discipleship & Equipping
Developing resources, training, and methods for discipleship and personal evangelism specific to the W3 context will help deepen their personal walk with the Lord and equip them to be more effective witnesses in their spheres of influence. This will result in more personal evangelism being conducted among W3s.
Supporting the Church & Ministries
W3 Seventh-day Adventist Christians have talents, experiences, and resources which could be leveraged to support the church as well as W3 focused ministries. This will result in greater evangelistic impact on this world, and a greater sense of ownership and investment on the part of this group.